Welding the V2T Vent – Video Transcript
Vents are heat welded to a membrane skirt prior to installation when using V2T Roof System with PVC or Elvaloy membranes.
- First, thoroughly clean the vent flange with acetone to ensure a tight seal.
- Cut out a 30″ by 30″ square skirt from the membrane and round all four corners.
- Using the provided template, trace and cut a circle in the skirt and clean with acetone.
- Place the skirt over the vent and tack in place with a heat gun. Weld the skirt to the flange using a roller, checking often with a probe for a tight seal.
- Use all-purpose caulk to seal the gap between the skirt and vent.
- Weld the skirt to the roof membrane by following the steps outlined here.