Case Study: Successful Before
the Project Starts
A V2T Training Experience
Hancocks Bridge, NJ
Under traditional circumstances, there would have been no way to anticipate installation needs unless actually on site. However, the low-profile design and simplified application of V2T meant that a life-sized roof mock-up could be created and rehearsed off site – and even demonstrated to the end client.
The training session took place in mid September at a warehouse facility not far from the actual Nuclear Facility. During the training, a 24 x 24 roof section was created with all key unique features of the project roof which included a parapet, pipe vent, drain, and curb. With the end-client looking on, the project coordinator and personnel completed the installation of the V2T roof system in just under a business day’s time – even with a break for lunch.
- Mock up roof prepared and roped off in accordance with OSHA requirements
- Dense deck low-rise foam installed first – all panels were pre-cut and numbered with penetrations cut out and identified
- Skirt was welded to the vent area
- Caulking applied to curb
- V2T distribution strip laid out
- Backer membrane and 3M splatter coat applied to decking
- Membrane (also pre-cut with penetrations marked and ready for installation) positioned on roof
- V2T vents placed in position
- Break for lunch
- Wall flashing completed
- Internal inspection conducted to ensure quality and function
The training coordinator for the run through even said V2T was one of the most professional roofing operations that he had worked with to date, and extremely organized. The roof went down with precision and in a highly organized fashion even though none of the crew members had worked with fully adhering fleece, with the 3M splatter coat, or setting the Dense Deck in low-rise foam – let alone having no prior experience with the V2T components. Needless to say, the end client was very pleased with the results and is eagerly moving forward with the final installation at their Nuclear
Facility which will take place in October 2017.